Sunday, March 25, 2007

Crossing Over





 
 
I've walked too many friends to the edge of today ...
A few deaths turned into a few more ...

Here I am again,
Asking someone I love,
"We're almost to the end, aren't we?"
I could hear her tired sigh, "I think so."

The quiet place between sentences.

"Is there any thing I can do?"
"Not anything I can think of?"
"Is there anything you need?"
Another tired sigh, "Pray that God gives me strength."
 
The quiet place between sentences.

I feel so small and helpless ...
I wish I could take the pain away.
I bow my head and shut my eyes,
Praying for strength ... for her and for me.

The quiet place between sentences.

There's peace in knowing her pain will soon be over
As I watch her ... 
Crossin over to Home ...
In the wide open, sweet someday ...





No comments: