Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring & Summer At The Same Time !!!

 


Spring and Summer are here at the same time
at HEALING Creek!!!

Just last week, we had the first signs of spring with the yellow bells
peaking through the winter gray.



And then, breaking all previous high temperature records ...
It was 95 degrees on Sunday!!!
Global warming?
(Have to wonder a little bit what August is going to be like?)
Spring flowers drooped, green leaves are popping out everywhere
and summer flowers are already starting to bud!



My youngest granddaughter came to play this weekend.
I have a box of old hats and scarves.
There's nothing like
laughing and playing dress-up with a four year old!
Even a tea party
with girl scout cookies
can seem like the perfect day!



One of my chores this weekend was to get all the flower pots,
wash and rinse them,
uncover some of the ones that I had stored over winter,
and get them ready for this year's
growing season.
I hadn't noticed before then,
that two forgotten tulip bulbs had bloomed!



What a sweet surprise!
I love tulips.

Happy Spring or Happy Summer
(take your pick)
and LOTS of HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGZZZ
from me to you!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your grandaughter is so sweet and so pretty. I love tulips too especially pink ones.

Anonymous said...

Tulips are my favorite!

I found tulips on sale at Wal-Mart yesterday ... 5.00 for a dozen!  I bought a dozen pink, a dozen dark pink and a dozen purple!

Happy Easter To Me!

Hugggggggggggggggggggggz,
Taylor