Friday, March 23, 2007

Inside My Head




I have mentioned this singer/songwriter a few times ... a singer from North Carolina (just learned he's originally from Ohio) named David Wilcox.  He is a talented musician and a gifted poet.  His words spoke to parts of my journey and maybe to parts of yours?  I wrote about this very thing a few days ago ... about the need to clear out the clutter in our minds that weighs us down and holds us back.
 

 




INSIDE MY HEAD

I got such a mess between my ears,
Like dishes in the sink,
Stuff I don't believe
Just tumbles in
Until
I don't have room to think.

These dark clouds
I've stowed away
Just in case of a sunny day,
So I can stand
In the pouring rain
of every tear
I've ever shed.
I've got to empty out
The inside of my head.

This could be a room
With such a view,
But
Its covered up with junk,
Blocking off the place the light
Gets through.

So it keeps me in this funk.
All my failures
Are on display,
The broken dreams of yesterday ... 
Stuff I should have thrown away,
But I've kept it here
Instead
I've got to empty out the inside
Of my head
I've got to empty out the inside of my head.

I'd like to turn this place
Into my home
Instead of someplace that I dread.
Its the only place that's mine alone,
And I'll live here 'til I'm dead.
I'll sort through what I have found,
The stuff that works
I'll keep around
But
I can't live weighted down
With every cruel word they said.

I've got to empty out
The inside of my head,
I've got to empty out the inside
Of my head,
I've got to empty out
The inside of my head.





If you would like to learn more about David Wilcox,
The official David Wilcox Website
or you can order his CDs by calling 800/492-3079.



No comments: