Thursday, December 7, 2006

I'm Being Followed By A Moon Shadow!



The past few days have been one heck of a roller coaster ride!

The best part was watching the moon chase the sun chase the full moon ... Gorgeous game of tag - I even wrote a few notes about it ... Hope you got to see it!
 

Last night before I went to sleep
I looked outside at the sky and the moon.
The clouds spotted the sky with little crinkles in between
Making the whole sky look like one GIANT sugar cookie!
Just in time for Christmas, I thought ...
The full moon backlit the clouds in milky white
As it skated across the sugar cookie sky.
What a nice image to tuck me in and send me sweet dreams!
This morning, I got up to see my morning cold kitchen
Bathed in moonlight and shadows, almost as bright as day!

This time of year ...
The moon sets in a place it hardly ever gets to be
Casting shadows in a way I hardly ever get to see.
I wondered as I watched the moon slowly slip away
how many times my house was bathed in moonlight and sunlight at the very same time?
It was magical to watch ... sitting at my dining room table with my hot cup of tea,
I watched the new day chase the moon away from me.

Later in the afternoon, the moon was back even brighter than the day before to take it's turn at chasing the sun away!
The gorgeous sun painted the sky with a rosy glow,
purples, oranges and pinks
even causing the moon to blush a bit as the sun whispered,
"See you tomorrow!"

And so the game of celestial tag continued
With us dancing with or resting beneath the sun and moon,
Trading moon shadows for sun shadows
And all the magic shared between the two ...
The silent "time to go" and the rosy "See you tomorrow"
Whispered promises of times past and times to come.

Dance with me? 



I have finished with my Christmas shopping and wrapping ... Woo-hoo!  I'm happy not to have to fight the crowds!  I'm the one smiling in line because I know the grocery store is the only place I have to stop before I go home to a clean house with decked halls and boughs of holly!  LOL!!!  and soon the smell of more baked goods!
 
C'mon over to my house ... my house ... I'm going to give you candy!  LOL!!!



I had lunch with a girlfriend visiting from Indiana and supper with two girlfriends from here.  It's amazing how you can go months without seeing some friends and then, pick up right where you left off ... We caught up on each other's lives with much laughter and a few tears.  Both visits ended with hugs and promises to not let so much time pass between visits ... but even if it does, it won't matter ... we'll be here and we know where they are if we need them sooner!  Girlfriends are a BLESSING!
 
 

I got two fun emails that might make you smile too:



CHRISTMAS SONGS
 
1. Schizophrenia --- Do You Hear What I Hear?

2. Multiple Personality Disorder ---  We Three Kings Disoriented Are

3. Dementia --- I Think I'll be Home for Christmas

4. Narcissistic --- Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me

5. Manic --- Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and.....

6. Paranoid --- Santa Claus is Coming to Town to Get Me

7. Borderline Personality Disorder --- Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire

8. Personality Disorder --- You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why

9. Attention Deficit Disorder --- Silent night, Holy - oooh look at the Froggy - can I have a chocolate - why is <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />France so far away?

10. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder --- Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle,Bells, Jingle Bells,
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells ...
 


and ...



THE MAN WHO KNOWS HIS MATH


I was riding to work yesterday when I observed a female driver, who cut right in front of a pickup truck, causing the driver to drive onto the shoulder to avoid hitting her.
This evidently angered the driver enough that he hung his arm out his window and gave the woman the finger.
"Man, that guy is stupid," I thought to myself. I ALWAYS smile nicely and wave in a sheepish manner whenever a female does anything to me in traffic, and here's why:
I drive 48 miles each way every day to work.
That's 96 miles each day.
Of these, 16 miles each way is bumper-to-bumper.
Most of the bumper-to-bumper is on an 8 lane highway.
There are 7 cars every 40 feet for 32 miles.
That works out to 982 cars every mile, or 31,424 cars.
Even though the rest of the 32 miles is not bumper-to-bumper, I figure I pass at least another 4000 cars.
That brings the number to something like 36,000 cars that I pass every day.
Statistically, females drive half of these.
That's 18,000 women drivers!
In any given group of females, 1 in 28 has PMS.
That's 642.
According to Cosmopolitan, 70% describe their love life as dissatisfying or unrewarding.
That's 449.
According to the National Institute of Health, 22% of all females have seriously considered suicide or homicide.
That's 98.
And 34% describe men as their biggest problem.
That's 33.
According to the National Rifle Association, 5% of all females carry weapons and this number is increasing.
That means that EVERY SINGLE DAY, I drive past at least one female that has a lousy love life, thinks men are her biggest problem, has seriously considered suicide or homicide, has PMS, and is armed.
Give her the finger?  I don't think so.
 

 
On the way home from work Tuesday, I was the second car in line at a stop sign when a SUV must have decided at the last minute to make a 90-degree turn to beat the light.  He was driving too fast to make the turn and went up on two wheels with the whole thing headed straight for me!

All I saw was two HUGE headlights.  I thought of a million things at once, I thought of my kids and how it was Christmas time and this was gonna hurt and did I have my seat belt on ... only had time to utter the beginning of a prayer ... when suddenly, the SUV righted itself and missed my car by inches! 
I had a lump in my throat when I made the turn and pulled over as soon as I could.  I was still pretty shaken up.  I thanked God for hearing even the beginning of my prayer!  Talk about a NEAR MISS!  That was definitely my CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!

 
 
 

No comments: