Saturday, December 16, 2006

SATURDAY SEVEN



 
 
1.

We slept on the back porch last night!
If you are still looking for a good Christmas gift idea ...
L.L.Bean has the BEST Camp and Cabin Bags!
I bought two of each and zipped them together to make a double bag.
We like to sleep outside under the stars.
They were GORGEOUS last night, by the way!
We have piled quilts and mummy bags on an air mattress but
last night was a chance to try out our new gear.
With the cabin bag (light layer of fleece) tucked into the Camp Bag
and all of it zipped shut, we were cozy as two peas in a pod,
sleeping through the night and amazed to wake up to a layer of frost
on top of the bags but body temperature inside the bag!  COZY!
I wore a hat, so I was more comfortable than Joey who didn't think he'd need one, although he admitted and hinted that he hopes Santa brings him a good hat for Christmas ...
LOL ... Santa has time.  I might have to whisper in his ear ... LOL

 
2.
 
I love Christmas Coffee!  It has just the right amount of cinnamon and spice ...
YUMMY!  It warms up a morning GOOD!

 
3.
 
I'm baking cookies again today.
I already gave away all the ones I baked last week.
The grandkids are fighting about who gets to help ... lol ... so I might have to keep the peace by employing more than one baker's helper!

 
4.
 
Speaking of grandchildren, last year, I sent out a Christmas Card with two of the kids on the front in Santa hats.
As you know, I haven't replaced my broken camera yet, so I pulled from this years pictures and am sending out a card with one of the other grandchildren ... no Santa hat but BEAUTIFUL, just the same (I'm only slightly prejudiced) ... It's a pretty black and white of the sweetest little face ...
which to me is what Christmas is all about anyway!
Precious children caught up in the wonder of it all ...
If only we grown ups could find a way to be more like little children!

 
5.
 
I took a few detours on the way home from the grocery store last night,
just to find lights ...
I found the prettiest light displays that will be on the
mystical, magical grandkids light tour!
When we unloaded groceries and had finished supper,
Joey and I went back out to find lights ...
We have enough to occupy the kids for an hour.
That's probably as much as we can expect to entertain them.

 
6.
 
I have been reading several interesting books that I will be sharing with you after the holidays.
I'm working on a project that Sherry Cherries has been helping me with,
but I thought I'd put it out there for the rest of you to help me with ... if you can.  I have quite a collection of rosemaling pictures and patterns.
Rosemaling is Norwegian Tole Painting ... rosemaling means Rose Painting and most of the styles of rosemaling are different stylized versions of flowers but tole painting is done all over Europe and the United States.
I have search the Internet under tole painting, decorative painting, and folk art painting but have not been able to find the NAMES of those styles being offered by Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Holland, Austria, Switzerland, France and even Italy.
Sherry helped me find Bauernmaleri in Germany and Zhostovo in Russia.  I found Assendelfter and Hindeloopen from Holland and Dalarna from Sweden on Google,
but I should be able to find much more than that,
but maybe, I don't know how to use the search engine properly ...
which brings me to asking all of you for help
because most of you are way SMARTER than I am on the computer!
Any light that you can shed on my exploration would be
MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

 
7.
 
The last thing I always list is a wish for YOU!
This Saturday, I wish for you ... a good nights sleep, a GREAT cup of coffee, something yummy baked in your own oven, a mailbox filled with beautiful cards, some pretty light displays close enough to bring you and your's CHEER, and something to capture your heart and imagination ...
to carry you through this holiday season!


HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGZ !!!
 
Taylor


 
 

No comments: