Monday, March 20, 2006

For Single Moms & Dads ...

I'm not a single parent now, but I was for a long time and I remember how hard it was to be both parents ... This prayer reminded me of those days and I wanted to post it today in honor of all the single moms and dads who don't hear enough what a good job they are doing!

 
A Single Parent's Prayer

 
     

Lord, grant me ...
   
  



Time enough ...

To do all the chores, join in the games,
Help with the lessons,
And say the night prayers,
And still have a few moments
Left over for me.

     

Energy enough ...

To be bread-baker and breadwinner,
Knee-patcher and peacemaker,
Ballplayer and bill juggler.

     

Hands enough ...

To wipe away the tears,
To reach out when I'm needed,
To hug and to hold,
To tickle and touch ...

         

Heart enough ...

To share and to care,
To listen and to understand,
And
To make a loving home for my family.
 
      

Author Unknown

 

No comments: