Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Birthday To Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I was talking about other things so
I didn't bother to mention that I turned 49
this week!

49?
 
Yup ... Really!
 
I was feeling a little funny
about being the same age my Mom seemed to be ...
only a year or two ago ...
Of course, it's been LONGER that that
but it feels like only a few years ago!
 
When I was little, I can remember a day taking
FOREVER ...
Now, they FLY BY!
Whole months shoot past!
It seems like I just get used to writing one year
on my checks
when it's already the NEXT year!
 
I was reading REAL SIMPLE
(a GREAT magazine, if you haven't read it yet,
do yourself a favor and buy a copy!)
when I came across
an article written about people OVER 100!
 
You already know I like quotes,
so you might like some of these ...
(Remember, these are being said by women OVER TWICE
my age ... lol)
 

Frances Johnson (100) said:
 
If it's not terminal, why worry?
If it is, you can't do anything about it anyway!
 
A meal's not done until you have dessert.
 
Something good usually comes out of bad events.
 
Don't hold unto anger ...
You'll just make YOURSELF miserable.

To make a pot roast with the BEST flavor,
cook it VERY, VERY slowly.
 

Edna Anderson (100) said:

Keep walking.
You'll be so happy you can walk when you're old.

Avoid a fast talker when you are looking
for a husband.
Go for someone who's steady.
 
Volunteering gets you away from your own worries.
 
There are still happy times ahead after loss.
 
 
Mary Cavaliere (106) said:
 
Always cook with fresh vegetable, never canned.
 
Marry a man who's more in love with you
than you are with him.
 
A person never gets too old to love.
 
Forgiveness really is divine.
 
If you expect perfection from everyone,
you'll be all alone.
 
 
Melva Radcliffe (105) said:
 
Anything you love is important.
 
Don't be afraid to travel.
 
Don't go abroad and eat in a chain restaurant.
Eating at a foreign place is part of the trip.
 
You'll always need your girlfriends.
 
Think twice before plastic surgery.
You might look prettier without it.
 
 
Evelyn "Tootie" Yeager (102) said:
 
A mother should respect her children,
just as they should respect her.
 
If you're not wild about cooking,
get a microwave.
 
Eat what you're hungry for.
 
If you worry about being old,
you will be old.
 
Look for a husband that makes you laugh.


I wanted to hug everyone of these ladies
personally!
49 ... Pffffffffffbt!!!
BIG DEAL!
There'll be a day I'll give anything to be 49 again,
because
49 feels pretty good!
 
 

No comments: